Thursday, April 2, 2009

In Beyonce's new album I think that my favorite song is "If I Were A Boy". I think that that song is a good song about feeling abused and neglected. I think that Beyonce thinks that men never actually grow up and thats why she calls them "boys". Like they always stay with the thought of a life that hasn't been true for them. Truthfully I think the song is sexist but when I do I just think that she's not talking about just guys but everybody. No matter how we try to change we never really do. If we do it will probably be the same way that a lot of other people did. I think that she thinks that people should keep the innocence we had not just what we think is nice and polite. I think thats why she says "If I were boy"and not "If I were a man". Some people might disagree and say men are always the boys they were. She said "I'd put myself first and make the rules as I go". As if she doesn't care about anything but herself. Everyone says that men aren't supposed to do that and to not give yourself much to care about for that reason. I saw a movie once about a women acting like a man to pretend to be a female singer and it made me think a little and I thought about why it was like that.I don't want to say anything else that I think cause I think that it's offensive, a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment