Thursday, November 6, 2008

something I was thinking about

Disney changed the stories to make it suitable for kids. Some of the stories would make you think of all the crazy things in the world. All the terrible decisions that people do to be with other people. Like in Pocahontas she hides from her friends and family to be around John Smith a man sixteen years older than her. She betrayed her tribe to be around someone she shouldn't have been. But she saved her tribe. Another story that was more obvious of the things kids can do is Pinocchio. All the kids go with a carnival to an island where they smoke, drink, gamble and eat alot. You can remember the rest. I have no idea if they changed the story or not but its still pretty bad but funny if you know what happened next. The main reason why I did this post is cause of the little mermaid. It was a old english legend about a mermaid who wanted to meet a man and went to a witch and asked to be able to walk. The witch said yes under three conditions. The first one was that the witch kept her voice. The second and I personally wouldn't agree to this, was that at every step she took it would feel like she was walking on knives. The third was that if the guy stopped loving her she returned to the ocean, I'm not sure but it could have been when she got wet but, when she would die. I wouldn't agree to that and I don't think anyone would.

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right! If you tell a person the plot of many of these Disney movies, without saying they're for kids, they'd sound very adult (and nuts!)

    You should go to Wikipedia.com and find out which of the Disney stories were originally written for adults...

    ReplyDelete